Monday, October 11, 2010

Tan Chia Lih Made Our Club Proud Again!

The winners of Division S Humorous Speech Contest 2010.
From left: Johnson Tang (our current Division S Governor), Tan Chia Harng (our current Area S5 Governor, Tan Chia Lih's brother), Gilbert Gomez (2nd runner-up), Ooi Chung Keong (Champion), Charles Tan Chia Lih (1st runner-up, my big 'brother') and the ever-beautiful Carmen Loo (Area S4 Governor)

Charles Tan Chia Lih has successfully tickled the funny bones of the audience during the Division S Humorous Speech Contest 2010 and managed to 'squeeze' himself into the Top 3 position! He has become the 1st runner-up in the contest with his ever-funny and meaningful speech "Add Spices Into Your Relationship".

I felt so sorry for not able to attend the contest to support my big 'brother', Chia Lih, that day. But I felt so happy after knowing he managed to be the 1st runner-up in the contest, out of so many great competitors from other areas, due to 3 big reasons.

Reason 1: He is one of my good friends in the Toastmasters organization. So, feeling happy is definitely a normal reaction for me, unless I treat him as my enemy.

Reason 2: As I wasn't there to support him, thus his achievement made me less guilty. If not, he may blame me and our club members of not supporting him during the contest.

Reason 3: As he has beaten me during the club level and area level contest, so his accomplishment in the division level made me feel better. As I know I lost to a strong competitor during the past contests, not a weak one :-)
Written by Khew Tsen Chin



























No comments: